If you are a person who writes, published or not, join Pennwriters to get the most out of your writing career. We’re here to help writers become more successful. To join Pennwriters as a new member or renew as a current one, please click here. Here is the current brochure to download for those seeking to join or renew via snail mail: PWmembershipflyer_2017.
Summary of Benefits for Members
- Receive The Penn Writer newsletter 6 times per year
- Network with professional writers, agents, and editors
- Access to the Pennwriters Member Directory of 400+ members
- Discounts to Pennwriters events, like our annual conference
- Access to resources like our critique exchange
- Online groups for most writing specialties
- Participate in Pennwriters Presents, a Q&A with writing experts
- Engage with members and industry pros in our social media groups
- Pennwriters members network at our highly regarded Pennwriters Annual Conference, workshops, and critique sessions. Many of the guest speakers at these events are Pennwriters own published members who receive additional promotion for their works in exchange for helping aspiring members. In addition, there are seven Area Representatives who facilitate communication and support between members, ensuring that Pennwriters get the level of networking and support they want.
- Our Member Directory allows you to connect with other members by area, writing concentration, and level. You will be able to see their social media networks, websites, and short bios. You can connect in our forums on topics that range from area events, to query help, to genre, or critique partners. There are many ways to expand your writing network within the Pennwriters community.
Summary of Benefits for Published Members
- Author Advocacy—Pennwriters has an author advocate to help you navigate the world of publishing
- Published Authors’ Networking Luncheon—held during the annual conference, this offers Published Penns a chance to network and learn from special guests chosen for their expert knowledge on important topics of special interest to published authors
Here is a look at what your membership provides:
- Board of Directors who keep the organization running and moving forward
- The Penn Writer newsletter filled with valuable writing information, writing markets, members news, and more
- Member Directory broken down by area, genre, or name
- Pennwriters website with lots of information, member news and links, and answers to frequently asked questions
- Forums where members can ask questions, find answers, share their experiences, find a critique partner, and more
- Pennwriters blog and Area blogs
- Area newsletter/email news briefs
- A Writer’s Toolbox filled with resources on the craft of writing and the business of publishing made my members for members
- Social links (Twitter, Linked-In and Facebook)
- Pennwriters Presents, a Q&A series that puts you in contact with industry professionals, award-winning authors, agents, editors, and others
- Online courses with talented instructors
- Area workshops and programs
- Three-day annual writers conference featuring popular, award-wining speakers, agents and editors who are available to hear pitches, and expert workshop leaders
- Annual Writing Contest
- Critique Partner Match-Up
- Author Advocate to represent published Pennwriters
- Camaraderie, support, and networking
- Area reps who offer support, answers to common questions, etc.
- Over 30 individual meetings throughout the country. Find your Area on our Area Map and see what meetings are happening in your area—or start your own meeting. For more information, contact your Area Rep.